Friday, December 17, 2010

Merry Christmas!

A joyous greeting to all of you, our friends and family....
I just wanted you to know that I don't anticipate being able to post updates for quite some time, as my computer is gone - stolen from our house, while we were away at church for a Christmas party.  I may be able to get online from time to time from another computer, but I think this blog will need to take a hiatus.

I hope you don't mind, but I have a few thoughts to share, in hopes of encouragement.  As I have been tempted this past week to fret about our safety, I am comforted by these truths:

"When I am afraid, I will trust in you.  In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust: I will not be afraid.  What can mortal man do to me?"  (Psalm 56:3-4).

"Do not be afraid in those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.  Rather, be afraid of the one who can destroy both soul and body in hell."  (Matthew 10:28)

"We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."  (Romans 8:28)

During this season of celebrating the birth of Christ, I pray that you would contemplate His birth, and why he came to this earth, and ultimately, why he had to die.   Jesus wasn't just a good man.  He wasn't just a good teacher.  He was the Son of God, who came to earth, and became flesh, and dwelt among us.  And to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God (John 1:12). 

Joy to the world, the Lord has come!  

May this Christmas be a blessed one to you and your families!

No comments: