Saturday, July 9, 2011

Home Improvements

We continue to work on making this little foreclosure a home, and I think we are getting there!  Here are a few recent improvements:

The skylights we added with the new roof last summer are wonderful; natural light makes our "bungalow" feel much more open and spacious.  (A friend's mom said any home that does not have a real hallway is not a house.  We do not have a true hallway, so that makes this place a bungalow or a cottage, I guess : )  But windows on the roof make the living room very hot in the summertime.  It has taken me quite a while to complete the project, but here is our homemade remedy to beat the sunshine, as opposed to the $300 custom shades offered by the window company.


This quilt was my birthday present from Dave and Carolyn.  We both just love it - especially the color.  Now I need some wall art and a plumeria tree outside the window. 

No comments: